Location: Cottesloe, Perth, WA
Partner: Focus 10
Why a Focus 10 dog photography course?
- Paws for 2 hours and do our fun dog photography course
- Bring your own dog or shoot other local dogs
- Established, recognised experts in pet and animal photography
- Gain first-hand experience with all cameras
- Ideal for those wanting to take much better photos of their dog
- Learn how to shoot a large variety of dogs in action
- Depth of field, aperture, colour balance, lens perspective
- Freezing and showing motion, exposure, focus modes and points
- Meet interesting, like minded persons who love animals & dogs
- No more than 4 persons per group for more individual attention
- First hand experience up-close and personal with dogs
- Expert tuition from pro photographers Andrew Thomasson
BENEFITS & FEATURES
The dog photography course covers the gear and technique needed to take great shots. It requires a fast, trained eye to capture the action using varying depth of fields, shutter speeds, freezing and capturing motion and incorporating the right light and composition to create a great image. Animal photography is challenging, rewarding and highly satisfying. When you take a great shot you can feel justifiably proud. Many factors come into play such as lens perspective. For instance, shooting with a wide angle lens, a dachshund become a 3 foot long frankfurter and a long lens flattens a bulldogs face further.
South Cottesloe beach is the perfect place to run this course. This beach is one of Perth’s more peaceful, uncrowded beaches – perfect for swimming, long walks, wind surfing and playing with your dog. The sharp, clean light, reflecting back off the white sands, blue water and shallow waters makes it a photographers paradise. You will get superb photographs of your dog in action as the background is so clean, fresh and uncluttered.
Professional tutoring, 1/1 mentoring and guidance from professional photographer Andrew and / or Serena who both have a track record as professional pet, wildlife and sports photographers.
■ No previous photography experience is required ■ A digital DSLR, mirror-less, or compact camera* ■ For DSLR and mirror-less camera users, at least one multi range lens ■ Smartphone camera users are welcome - smartphones deliver high quality results ■ Memory Card(s) - at least a 4GB card ■ Charged camera battery ■ DLSR Nikon & Canon cameras for hire ($50), 8GB cards for sale ($25)
Andrew Thomasson and/or Serena Pearce
■ No previous photography experience is required ■ Professional tuition from Andrew and/or Serena
South Cottesloe Beach Playground - (between Beach & Princes St, Cottesloe)
BRING YOUR OWN DOG
Whilst there are lots of dogs on this beach to photograph we suggest you bring your own dog